Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Workshops, Learning And Experience



I love a good workshop. There is nothing like going somewhere, getting away from the everyday and immerse yourself in what you love. For me it
Ok, something that I thought was a jewel of wisdom: Val said that when he makes containers, he does them in a series and he throws the openings to the same size. That way he can get into a groove and throw many bodies and then later sit down and throw many lids. Such a simple idea. I do small batches of sugars bodies and then throw lids measuring each. What was I thinking. Most are different from each other by a sneeze one way or the other. How did I never think of this? Really?!?!?!
This is why I love going to workshops. Yes, learning a new technique is always good, but it's the little tips of experience that make all the difference.
-Sally Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment