Sunday, November 14, 2010

Introducing The Newest Covert Potters

T Roberts
T Robert and Jon Pacini are new members of the Covert Potters Association. I met them the first time I went to Fred's to fire one of his kilns.  Ok, Fred is everything a curmudgeony old man should be. And at the time of him telling me that he had room in his kiln for me, I had not met him either. I made it to Fred's and was offered food. Fred and his wife had gone to LA for a birthday party and told no one I was coming. These lovely strangers invited me in, gave me food and made me feel welcomed.
T and Jon could not be more different as potters. T is very sculptural, hand-built and she loves to alter her thrown pieces. Her joy is to wood fire. Jon spends more time on the wheel with beautiful forms. He has spent much time in the past with crystalline glazes and is now doing wood firing.
I hope you will come to a Covert Potters Event and meet these two.
~Sally Anne

Jon Pacini

No comments:

Post a Comment