Sunday, May 23, 2010

What's Your Muse? Ask A Potter

Inspiration! It can be the muse that lets your mind run wild and your leads your hands to create with joy. It can knock you over, whisper in you ear or leave you high and dry. We’d like to know: What, if anything, do you consistently draw inspiration from?
Celeste: I am inspired by nature and by works created during the art nouveau movement.
Sally Anne: Food. Sometimes it’s what I’m hungry for or food I’ve been eating and I think: How would I serve this. And sometimes it’s just a need I have. I need plates or a butter dish. I’ll get on a kick and then walk away until I get excited about that form or idea again Nature. The clouds in the sky, bark on a tree, leaves, mountains, rocks, etc. I’m a big fan of seed pods. I like to keep track of the changing of the season’s via pods.  Conversations/interactions with people. Sometimes things happen between me and someone else and I will put a response in clay.  I’ll steal. Sometimes I see someone doing something or a piece in a shop and I think: I can do that better. And I’ll process it out in my head and do it.
And life in general.
Chris: The smell of the salt air as you approach the beach, orange blossoms in the morning or the innocence of the children at work
Evan: Nothing's consistent.
Is there anything in your life that always puts a creative thought in your head?
We’d love to hear your questions for the Covert Potters. Please leave a comment with any questions you may have and we will try to get them answered as quickly as possible! Thank you… read on

No comments:

Post a Comment