Monday, May 31, 2010

OOOoooooohhhhhh. Pretty! Ask A Potter

OOOhhhhhh. Pretty. Have you ever wondered what kind of pottery potters have in their house? Well I do? And I had to ask: What is your favorite pot that you own?

Sally Anne
: When I thought about this question, so many pots went through my head. I have 94% my pots, 5% other peoples pots and 1% store pots. I have to admit, sadly, I am my favorite potter. I like to think it’s a good thing...hehehe. And as I thought about this question, I realized that I tend to love the last pots out of the kiln as my favorite. I’m in love with a little black mountain with a drippy korean blue Celadon glaze. It’s has a crazy stamped design and a beautiful round body. It’s perky. And it reminds me to make more, to push the decoration and to be true to myself.

Chris: Like many people/potters I collect.  So I have all these tea bowls, mugs and tumblers that I use on a daily basis. I enjoy choosing which to use on a particular morning.  It makes the morning routine a bit special.  There's a tea bowl from Tom Coleman, a Birdie Boone and many others.  And yes there is one of mine!  These are some of them.  This morning I enjoyed my Heidi Brandenburg!

Evan: The blue falcon.

So, what is your favorite pot/art work that you own?
We’d love to hear your questions for the Covert Potters. Please leave a comment with any question you may have and we will try to get them answered as quickly as possible! Thank you… read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment